General Terms and Conditions
Our quotations are offered and orders accepted subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Prices are subject to confirmation at the time of ordering. Any change or alteration to quality or specification will require a new quotation.
2. All orders will only be accepted in writing
3. A non refundable deposit of 50% is required with all signed order confirmations, and the quoted delivery time will commence from receipt of the deposit.
4. Payment by BACs only. First orders are strictly payment in full with order. Second orders and so on require a non refundable deposit of 50%.
5. The quoted delivery time starts from the cleared day of deposit received. The balance of goods is due prior to delivery to client or to our warehouse if The Design Net are storing the item.
6. Credit Accounts are available by request on completion of Application Form. Discounts will be withdrawn on all overdue accounts and interest will be charged at 2% above base rate per month or part thereof.
7. Dated quotes are valid for 30 days unless otherwise stated. Quotes do not include delivery and installation.
8. All quotes exclude VAT at the prevailing rate.
9. All orders will be accepted in writing only.
10. Our furniture is manufactured to order, cancellations will be charged in full.
Prices and specification
11. We always aim to keep our prices competitive but we do reserve the right to alter prices and/or specifications without notice.
12. Dimensions and finishes are in our catalogue & on our website. Whilst every effort is made to ensure all details, dimensions and colour reproductions are accurate, we cannot guarantee this. If certain colours or finishes are required, please confirm a RAL, Pantone or paint colour or send us a swatch or sample to match as best possible.
13. The Design net Limited cannot accept responsibility for any delays in the delivery time beyond our reasonable control
14. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the goods will be delivered to a nominated site. Prices quoted are exclusive of delivery and installation.
15. In the event that a delivery cannot be accepted by the stipulated date or at any time following the relevant delivery date, we will be entitled to arrange for or to provide storage and insurance of the goods concerned as we think appropriate, at your expense. Where we ourselves provide such storage, we shall be entitled to charge you at the rate of £15.00 per cbm, minimum £50.00 per week or part week. The appropriation or despatch of any goods for storage in accordance with this condition shall be deemed to constitute delivery to you.
16. Drivers are normally unaccompanied, and when necessary the recipient should arrange free assistance in unloading. We may charge you for any additional expense incurred by us as the result of any delay or difficulty in off-loading or transporting the goods to site for reasons outside of our reasonable control.
17. Unpacking, assembly and installation of the goods is only included by prior arrangement.
18. Delivery and installation is charged at 5% of the net invoice value within the M25 or £100.00 minimum charge
19. Delivery outside this area is subject to a mileage surcharge at civil service rates.
20. Cancellation and /or alterations to orders cannot be accepted after 5 days from confirmation of order. Goods are manufactured to order, cancellations will be charged in full. The return of goods will not be accepted for any reason without prior consent in writing. Consequential costs must be met.
21. All delivered goods remain the property of The Design Net Limited until payment has been made in full wether or not they are in the buyers possession. Risk in goods will pass to you on delivery and insurance should be arranged accordingly
22. The Design net Limited cannot accept responsibility for the loss of , or damage to goods in transit unless full details thereof are given in writing ton us within three days of delivery.
23. Manufacturing details may be altered without prior notification
24. VAT will be charged at the rate ruling at the date of the invoice
25. Part shipments of goods ordered under the same order confirmation are not possible. If part shipments are required please state at the time of ordering.
26. Final payment for goods is due prior to delivery. Option for 30 day credit account is available subject to credit approval.
27. If any payment falls into arrears or you are subject of any insolvency or related proceedings, you must notify us immediately and we will have the right to cancel or postpone any contract, wholly or in part and be paid immediately for performance or part performance of any contract date.
Retention of title and risk
28. TDN hereby acknowledges and agrees that the company shall have no liability whatsoever in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of goodwill, business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure (whether reasonably foreseeable or not)